The rule of thumb is, you must promote your blog posts after you have published them. There is a lot of noise on the internet nowadays. You have to work harder to get noticed and heard. If you want to be found, you will need to make an effort. Your work does not end the moment you click “Publish”. After you publish your blog, your work has just begun. It’s now time to promote your blog and get people to read and interact with your content.
Try not to be annoying when sharing your blog posts. I often times see people in the comments section who offer nothing but a hi, followed by a shameless blog link? How do you feel about such people?… Yeah, do not be that person. There are so many blogs and so many people vying for attention online. Rest assured that you will find people that are going to be interested in reading and following your blog. The key is to focus on providing useful and valuable content to your readers. People will see right through any BS otherwise, so do not even try it.
You can be the most amazing and talented blogger and offer the most valuable content. But, if nobody is reading your blog, you are just wasting your time. My point is, your blog needs to be found and read! It needs to be discovered by people who are interested in what you have to say and offer. If you want to drive traffic to your blog, you will need to stay the course. Consistency, high value content along with promoting your content goes hand in hand.
Alright, now with this being said, there are 17 places that you can share and promote your blog posts. By sharing and promoting your content, you can increase your web traffic and get more people to read your blog!
17 Places to Promote and Share Your Blog Posts
2. Pinterest Group Boards
3. Google +
7. Forums – Post helpful information on forums related to your niche/blog topic
8. Quora – Answer other people’s questions + ask your own questions!
9. Your e-mail list
15. Pingler – Ping your blog post to search engines
16. Google Search Console – Help index your blog posts faster
Here are a few tips that will help you.
1. Choose a few sites from this list and start promoting your blog posts there. Avoid overwhelming yourself by sharing your articles on too many sites. Try sharing your blog posts in at least 10 or 11 of the listed sights.
2. A spreadsheet will be your best friend. I hate excel with a passion. Instead, I use Google docs to make a schedule of the sites I promote to and when.
3. If a site isn’t on the above list, it doesn’t mean you shouldn’t use it.
I hope the above 17 places to share and promote your blog posts will help you get more people reading and sharing your content.
I am not going to lie and tell you that this process is not tedious. It is. But, if you want to grow your blog traffic, get readers and succeed online, this is something that you will need to do consistently. I have put together a list of the best Udemy courses for bloggers that you can take a look at here. Udemy is an affordable place to learn the basics on blogging and some of the courses are really good for the value and price. You can learn more about SEO, marketing, building an email list and the things you will need to take your blog to the next level.
Hands down if you want to be taken seriously as a blogger and build a loyal following, you will need to provide people with quality content that will improve their lives and solve a problem.
Remember to share this post as someone else may also find it useful.