Nowadays there are so many financial experts selling books, holding seminars, webinars etc. Most of the advice they give is good and has helped many people to get out of debt. I however do not agree with all of the financial experts out there but that is a whole other story.
I really give props to regular people who dig themselves out of bad financial situations. Life can be hard and even with the best intentions people can still make money mistakes. It’s also important to remember that as tough as life can get it is not impossible. You can save money and also pay off your debt.
- 11 Ways To Make an Extra $1000 or More Every Month
- How To Start a Clothing Line With No Inventory or Shady Dropshippers
- How to Get Cash Back When Shopping Online For Free
- 10 Things You Should Avoid Going Into Debt For
Below is some advice I put together on how to make and save money in your daily life.
1. Pay cash for everything if you can. Handing over your hard earned cash makes you feel the pain of parting with it. You will avoid getting into debt if you can just avoid credit cards all together. If you have to use a credit card, use a pre-paid.
2. Shop around for auto-insurance and do not just settle for the first company you find. Take a look around and get quotes from more than one company. Compare an pick the best.
3. If your internet bill is too high, call your internet service provider. Threaten to go to the competitor and they usually will work with you to lower your monthly cost.
4. Use Ebates! I always kick myself every time I shop without going through this site. You can get cash back for your purchases from major retailers such as Walmart, Amazon, Macy’s, Dell, Overstock etc.
5. Shop for seasonal supplies when it’s not the season. For example, shop for Christmas decorations when it’s not yet Christmas, Easter when it’s not Easter etc.
6. Find a second job/side hustle if you have debt or if you want to build up a savings. Paying off your debt will be much easier if have disposable income.
7. Coupons! Make use of them. If you are buying anything online such as makeup, plugins, software, web hosting etc. Make sure you head over to Google and find out if you can get a coupons for what you want to buy.
8. Shop consignment/thrift stores. You can find really good toys, clothes, books etc. on consignment. I have found some really good books and even home decor that was gently used and looks brand new! Make sure you go to the shops on the better side of town.
9. Spend less cash on your oil change by going online. I usually get around $10 off my oil change by printing out coupons I find online.
10. Shop off season when it comes to clothes. For example, buy your winter clothes in the spring and your summer clothes too. If there’s a winter coat you’ve been eyeing, buy it off season, there’s more chances that it will be on sale!
11. Have a no spending week. Challenge yourself to not spend money on wants such as clothes, shoes, eating out etc. for one or two weeks every month. You will be surprised by how much money you will save in the long run.
What are some of your favorite money saving tips? Please feel free to share I would love to know.