Nowadays there are so many financial experts selling books, holding seminars, webinars etc. Most of the money advice they give is good and some of it has helped people to get out of debt.
I however do not agree with all of the financial experts out there (but that is a whole other story and another blog post).
Regular people who dig themselves out of bad financial situations are so inspiring to me.
Life can be hard and even if you have the best intentions you can still make money mistakes.
It’s also important to remember that as tough as life can get it is not impossible. You can save money and also pay off your debt.
- 11 Ways to Make $1000/More Every Month
- The Best Free Cash Back App For Online Shopping
- 10 Things You Don’t Need To Go Into Debt For
Below is some advice I put together on how to make and save money in your daily life.
1. Pay cash for everything if you can. Handing over your hard earned cash makes you feel the pain of parting with it. You will avoid getting into debt if you can just avoid credit cards all together. If you have to use a credit card, use a pre-paid.
2. Shop around for auto-insurance and do not just settle for the first company you find. Take a look around and get quotes from more than one company. Compare an pick the best.
3. If your internet bill is too high, call your internet service provider. Threaten to go to the competitor and they usually will work with you to lower your monthly cost.
4. Use eBates ! I always kick myself every time I shop without going through this site. You can get cash back for your online purchases from major retailers such as Walmart, Amazon, Macy’s, Dell, Overstock etc.
5. Shop for seasonal supplies during the off season. For example, you should shop for Christmas decorations when it’s not yet Christmas, Easter when it’s not Easter etc.
6. Find a second job or a side hustle if you have debt that you need to pay off or if you want to build up a savings. Paying off your debt will be much easier if have disposable income.
7. Coupons! -Make use of them. If you are buying anything online such as makeup, plugins, software, web hosting etc. I no longer spend my time searching for coupons online. Save yourself the trouble and use the Honey App! It scrapes the internet for EVERY coupon and applies the coupons to your shopping cart.
8. Shop consignment/thrift stores. You can find gently used toys, clothes, books etc. all in really good shape!- I have found some really cool books and even some awesome paintings and home decor by shopping at consignment stores! Make sure you go to the shops on the better side of town.
9. Spend less cash on your oil change by going online. I usually get around $10 off my oil change by printing out coupons I find online. Just search for the place you get your oil change and then put “coupon” at the end of your search term!
10. Shop off season when it comes to clothes. For example, buy your winter clothes in the spring and your summer clothes too. If there’s a winter coat you’ve been eyeing down, buy it off season, (there’s a chances that it will be on sale)!
11. Have a no spending week. Challenge yourself to not spend money on things such as clothes, shoes, eating out etc. for one or two weeks every month. You will be surprised by how much money you will save in the long run by doing this.
If you found these money saving tips useful, please share them to Pinterest!
What are some of your favorite money saving tips? Please feel free to share I would love to know.