I cannot believe that I didn’t know about this amazing health product years ago. Did you know that you can find some really good home remedies at your local grocery store or health foods store?! Anyways…enough with the suspense. So what is this magical product that am I going on and on about? It’s Apple cider vinegar! I really wish that I would have know about ACV alot sooner! Especially when it comes to the many benefits it has on the skin and body.
This post may contain affiliate links. You can view my affiliate disclosure here.
These days I make sure to drink my ACV and lemon juice mixture every morning with hot water and I do this around 15-20 minutes before I eat breakfast and have noticed some very positive changes in my body. My top choice is the Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (‘With The ‘Mother’) since it’s organic and contains the highest quality of enzymes and protein for maximum benefits.
The taste of ACV takes some getting used to at first (its definitely an acquired taste) but since I started taking ACV regularly I have noticed that I no longer have an upset stomach, my weight has remained consistent and my skin is much more clearer (as opposed to when I wasn’t drinking it).
It’s not advisable to take more than a tablespoon of ACV since it can be a little harsh on the throat so less is more especially in the beginning. A
Just a word of advice: If you do your workouts in the morning do not take the ACV on an empty stomach, you will get very nauseous. Instead take it right after your workout the benefits will still be there.
So what is apple cider vinegar exactly?
ACV is a non alcoholic juice made from fermented crushed apples. It contains biotin, folic acid, Vitamin B12, B6, B2, pectin, niacin etc. It also has small traces of calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and sodium. Unfiltered high quality apple cider vinegar has good bacteria, proteins and enzymes that are said to give extra health benefits.
Your health is very important and sometimes we can live a stressful lifestyle, eat unhealthy foods & drinks and other habits that can cause your body to turn acidic. Once your body’s pH levels dip this can cause many infections, loss of energy, diseases, and inflammation.
ACV raises the pH levels of your body and restores them to their natural state. By doing this it helps you to keep infections, germs and ailments away. Of course you have to keep a healthy diet and lifestyle so that your body can respond and make the necessary positive changes.
If you have inflammation, sore muscles, joint pain, digestion issues etc. it’s recommended that you drink one glass of ACV every morning on an empty stomach.
Please note: Consuming high amounts of ACV can interfere with your medication so please check first with your doctor if you take prescriptions for heart disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, diuretics etc.
* Add some fresh squeezed lemon juice to your Apple cider vinegar if you want to get more benefits out of it. Lemon juice makes your body less acidic because disease thrives in an acidic body. Adding lemon juice helps to loosen up the toxins in your body and also works by helping your body to digest foods better.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
For weight management & bloating
– You can use it for weight loss and weight management and it can also get rid of a bloated stomach. Simply Mix apple cider vinegar with lemon juice and drink it every morning at least 15-20 minutes before you eat anything.
– Drink ACV before meals to curb appetite and avoid overeating this is how you can lose weight with apple cider vinegar.
For your body
– ACV helps with digestion and it prepares your stomach to break down food better
– It also kills bad bacteria in the stomach that can cause upset stomach.
– It’s anti-fungal and helps to fight against yeasts such as Candida Albicans. (source)
– Relieves heartburn and acid reflux
– It helps you to be more um…regular if you suffer from chronic constipation
– Regulates blood sugar levels
– Lowers high blood pressure because of the acetic acid in the vinegar. (source)
For your face
– Works as a natural toner and balances PH levels ( mix one part of ACV with some water for an all natural toner )
– Helps to reduce and prevent acne breakouts
For your hair
– Conditions and moisturizes hair ( mix one part of apple cider vinegar with two parts water and use on wet/damp hair after shampoo. Rinse and condition.)
– Treats itchy scalp and dandruff
– Encourages hair growth by cleansing your scalp and removing hair product build up
– Cleans fruits and vegetables from pesticides and waxy residue (soak produce in 1 part acv and 2 parts water).
– ACV kills bacteria (just ask your grandma why she uses it to clean her house). Since vinegar destroys bad bacteria, this is one of the reasons it is used to preserve certain foods and prevent food poisoning. (source)
– Treats athletes foot. Soak your feet/foot in apple cider vinegar to clear up the infection
– Prevents colds (you can do this by sipping on some ACV if you feel a cold coming in) so you can use it if you want to avoid getting one.
For your garden
– Gets rid of weeds in your garden. Just mix ACV with some water and spray away!
How to prepare it:
2 tbsp of fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 cup of warm/hot water
1 tsp. of raw honey
* Drink this ACV mixture at least 15-20 minutes before breakfast (on an empty stomach). When I first started drinking this mixture the taste was not my favorite, so feel free to add some more water to make it easier to drink.
Keep this in mind: Adding ACV to your diet only works if you also change up your routine and live a healthier lifestyle. If you want to lose weight, reduce your blood pressure, get rid of belly fat, etc. it helps to exercise and also eat healthy foods. Apple cider vinegar is just an added bonus, not a miracle cure all potion!
I can say that I have seen some very positive results from using apple cider vinegar especially when it comes to weight maintenance, hair care and skincare. If you like to live a more natural and organic lifestyle and you want to limit using too many chemicals in your day to day life, try ACV!